Rechartering is the membership renewal for Troop 405 Scouts & Adults and starts in January each year. BSA Year runs February to January. The Treasurer is responsible for collecting dues, making sure all adults Youth Protection Training (YPT) is current and make any necessary changes to the Charter between St. Matthew Church & Occoneechee Council.
Current Dues for 2018-19:
- Scout: $70
- Scout with Scouting Magazine: $82
- Adult: $30
- Adult with Scouting Magazine: $42
If you are an adult actively participating, i.e. camping, hiking, assisting in meetings or holding a position within the troop you are required to complete the membership form & complete the Youth Protection (YPT) course. This is for the scouts protection. If you have completed the membership form, but not the YPT by the time of recharter, you will need to complete another membership form.
YPT needs to be renewed every 2 years at time of recharter. If you receive notice your YPT needs to be renewed, please log into the website www.my.scouting.org (or see the link on the “Links” Menu) and take the Youth Protection Course (approx 30 minutes). YOU MUST PROVIDE THE TREASURER WITH A COPY OF YOUR CERTIFICATE to send to Occoneechee Council.
YPT Training Instructions:
- Returning Trainees:
- Once you have logged onto your account at www.my.scouting.org
- Go to Menu>My Dashboard
- Under Youth Protection Training you will re-take course
- First Timers:
- Create your account & log In at www.my.scouting.org
- On the Right Side of the screen is the “Click Here” for Training.
- Once you have finished, print your certificate and bring a copy to next scout meeting.
- Your member number will be printed on the certificate.